Exams don't end when you hand them in. There are steps you can take afterward to help your testing and learning.
Tips for after the exam
- When you get your test back, look it over and make sure that there are no grading errors.
- Make sure that you understand any mistakes that you made. If you don't know the answer to a question you missed, look it up or ask a classmate, tutor, TA, or professor.
- If the instructor reviews the test in class, be sure to take notes on what he or she wanted on the questions/problems that you got wrong.
- If you aren't satisfied that your grade represents your mastery of the material, go to your instructor and see if there's a make-up exam or extra credit you can do.
- If permitted, save the test as study material for future cumulative tests.