You've learned what stress is, causes of stress, signs of excessive stress, and some tools to help calm your stressful feelings.
You are now able to:
- define stress and identify personal triggers
- understand the basics of effective stress management
- identify and employ simple strategies for calming your stressful feelings
- Student Academic Success Services Online Materials
Dozens of self-help readings organized by topic, covering a range from academic success to life balance issues.
- de-Stress Check-ins
Is stress weighing on you? Get non-judgmental, confidential support from trained peer helpers, who know first-hand how stressful college can be.
- Steps for Assertive Communication
Express your stress with these tips for a more assertive communication style.
- Learn to Live Take an assessment, receive personalized results, and work at your own pace through eight lessons on Depression, Social Anxiety, Insomnia, or Stress, Anxiety, & Worry. The programs are free, confidential, and flexible. Student Services Fee-paying students: enter code "UMN" for access
- Relaxation Exercises
Try these relaxation exercises to relieve stress.
- Top 49 Ways to Beat Test Anxiety
Solid suggestions for what to do to minimize stress before, during and after an exam.